16 Lady Gaga Facts That Even Her Biggest Fans May Not Know
It’s a decade since Lady Gaga burst into our lives with the release of "Just Dance," and showed us how to create a vivid identity for yourself, and never give a damn what others think. Gaga is wild and as spicy as it gets, and this is one of the reasons we love her so much.
While most will not know who Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, her stage name is one people will never forget.
We are going to write down 16 facts about this superstar, the further down you scroll, the less likely you will know the facts (the last 3 facts about her are so rare it's unlikely you know them).
If you think you know Stefani well enough, let's see how many facts you will find refreshing!
1. While many know that the inspiration behind her name is Queen's hit song "Radio Ga Ga," but did you know how it came to be?
As it turns out, a mistake birthed her name. When her ex-boyfriend wanted to text her what song he wanted her to cover on her next gig, he wrote "Radio Gaga" but his phone autocorrected it to "Lady." It was love at first sight, and from that point on, she became known as Lady Gaga.
2. Before she was a huge superstar, she used to be a successful songwriter, providing hit songs for singers like Fergie, Britney Spears, and The Pussycat Dolls.
In a way, this explains why her first singles felt so familiar. We already heard her songs, just not with her vocals.
3. We know that she wore a meat dress, but did you know how heavy it was?
Incredibly, this "smelly" dress was weighing over 50 pounds. IT was actually very heavy to wear, and she recently said she almost passed out due to heat stroke caused by the effort it took to walk around in it.
4. Her dream to become an actress was just as important to her as her music but she knew she had to pick just one because she could not focus on both.
Lady Gaga is multitalented in many ways, and she was such a good actress on American Horror Story: Hotel, she even won the Golden Globe for her performance!
5. There is a reason why she never wears pants during shows, and it is because of her nearsighted grandma. Granny Gaga is almost blind, but she still wants to see her grandchild preform.
Granny Gaga can see the lighter parts of her body, basically, her hair and skin. All things considered, this may be the best reason ever for not putting any pants.
I do it just because I'm lazy, she does it to make her grandma happy.
6. The reason why she dyed her hair blonde was her resemblance to Amy Winehouse when she just started.
Now she is famous enough for people to BE mistaken as her.
7. Stefani like to play around with other nicknames, so her fans can also call her: Gagaloo, Loopy, Mother Monster, Rabbit Teeth and The Little Mermaid.
8. When asked what is her favorite flower she answered white roses, and that many of her garments are inspired by them.
9. Lady Gaga started her music career from a young age. When she was only 4 she learned how to play the piano, and her teacher was... HERSELF!
I tried to teach myself how to play the guitar when I was younger.
I STILL CAN'T PLAY IT!
She out-talented adults before she could even ride bicycles.
10. One of the strangest items you can find in her bad is a purple teacup and it's saucer. The reason behind it is her tradition to drink tea with her mother, and taking the cup around the world helps her feel at home.
11. Her height is the reason for her massive high heels, she is just 5'1" so she needs something to make her more visible.
12. Her biggest inspiration is Michael Jackson, and she even bought 55 sets of his stage outfits, just because she can.
You can tell she paid a lot just to own them.
13. Wanna hear something crazy? It took her less than 10 minutes to write down "Born This Way"!
14. Most of her 19 tattoos are placed on the left side of her body because her dad asked her to keep one side looking normal.
15. There is just one motto she follows for almost 25 years now: Life is a performance
This motto in a way, sums up her life. She indeed lives her life as a performance, and this is why we love her.
16. Now here is something you don't know. There is an actual University course about her, in the University of South Carolina and it's called :"“Lady Gaga and the Sociology of Fame.”
The last fact needs your help: We want to know what is the thing her fans like the most about her, and for that, we need you to share with us your own reason.
We hope you enjoyed and congratulations to those who got 16 out of 16.
This High School Student Was Told To Cover Herself Up So "Going Bra-less" Protest Started In Her School
This Little 5 Year Old Kid Had Horns Added Under His Skin To Cover Up His Birthmark And It's Not What You Think