20 Signs That Will Tell You If Your Boyfriend Is A Keeper
Finding a solid, healthy relationship filled with love is usually not easy. The search for "the one" can be long and exhausting, especially when you compare modern men to the perfect gentleman in Hollywood movies.
The difference between a player and a keeper is sometimes hard to spot, and the more we grow up, the more we understand that relationships are more complex than what we assumed they are.
We learn to compromise in order to make it work, but the key is knowing when and where.
Here are 20 signs of a guy worth keeping, someone with a potential to be "the one", and with these signs, you should never compromise!
If your boyfriend is in sync with most of these signs, well... lucky you! :)
1. He is not looking to play any games.
You can't build a solid relationship with a "man-child" who keeps playing games with you.
No, he is not a keeper if he ghost-text you, play passive aggressive, hides stuff or seeks unnecessary drama.
2. He will not attempt to be controlling nor manipulative.
If your boyfriend loves you for who you are, he would never try to be over controlling or use emotional manipulations on you. This is usually a sign of a man who is self-centered so no healthy relationship could work with manipulative men.
3. When you feel moody or sad, he knows exactly what to say to bring a smile to your face.
This one is important. Only a guy who knows who you are inside, and knows the way you think is able to make you feel understood and secure enough to switch your mood and bring a smile to your face. Even if he makes it look easy, think about how difficult it is to actually cheer someone up.
4. He looks at you with "beauty filter" in his eyes.
No matter how you dress, whether you wore makeup or not, if it's morning or evening, outside or indoors, he always thinks you are beautiful.
Now, saying compliments of your beauty is important, but much more is the look in his eyes. If he thinks you are pretty, you can tell by the way he looks at you.
5. He knows how to give you personal space to meet with friends and family.
This is a bit related to #2. A controlling boyfriend will want you to spend all your time and energy on him. A boyfriend worth keeping is the one who will understand how important it is for you to be with your family and friends and that that he is not the only person in your life.
6. He believes in you and is confident you can do anything you desire.
How can you date someone who does not believe in your abilities? How can he help you push yourself forward if he lacks the belief you are capable to do anything you want?
He may not agree with any goal you seek to achieve, but in general, your boyfriend needs to trust your abilities.
7. He is there to keep you grounded when you are over the top.
A good boyfriend will seek to keep you stable and on the right path. You can be arrogant, angry, or be making foolish decisions but he will be right there to keep you grounded.
8. He is not a drama queen. A good boyfriend will not pick up fights just for the drama.
Life is complicated enough, relationships are just as complex, so why pick stupid fights with you?
Your boyfriend should not be looking to get you tired and frustrated by having foolish arguments and fights with you.
9. Generally, he should be stable with his emotions.
A moody boyfriend who shifts his emotions in rapid pace is too childish for you. You know you found one of the good ones when he is pretty stable and snaps only on rare occasions.
10. Even if he does not understand your feelings or what you've been through, he will still try his best to learn how.
You will find times when he is not going to understand your feelings or the experience you went through, but the important thing here is the attempt to learn how to relate as much as possible.
11. He truly listens to what you say. This is a sign he actually cares.
Unlike "players" who only pretend to listen to you, he will have his full attention to you when you speak and show interest in what you say.
This is the type who will remember little details in stories you told him months and even years ago, and he will remember them as fresh as the day you told him.
12. He is honest enough to tell you the things you don't want to hear.
Honesty is the key to a successful relationship, never compromise on that.
13. He believes that this relationship can last.
If he cannot imagine a future with you, there will be no future for the both of you as a couple.
14. You trust him with all your heart and the same goes with him trusting you.
You can feel free to tell him you are going to meet one of your guy friends. He trusts you to the point of even crashing over at your friend's place after a party, knowing you would never cheat on him.
15. Even if it doesn't work everytime, he tries his best to be romantic.
There is a reason why the romantic type is usually "the one". Romantic gestures are his way of saying "I love you" with more than just words.
16. His gifts are usually holding high sentimental value.
He is not the type that will just buy a teddy bear. Instead, he will create/buy the perfect gift that you would enjoy most. He gives you gifts not because he feels he needs to, but because he actually wants to.
17. There is no subtext with him.
He is not going to leave you wondering if there is a hidden meaning in what he just told you. He respects you enough to speak plain and simple.
18. He is not yelling at you, no matter what.
Even if you both are in a fight, he is not going to raise his voice on you, so every argument feels much smoother and easier to solve.
19. No matter what you two do together, you always have the best time.
Every activity with him feels like fun, even the ones you would normally consider to be annoying like doing the dishes or installing items from Ikea.
20. The most important sign your boyfriend is a keeper is... he is your best friend.
When your boyfriend is your best friend you won the lottery.
This High School Student Was Told To Cover Herself Up So "Going Bra-less" Protest Started In Her School
This Little 5 Year Old Kid Had Horns Added Under His Skin To Cover Up His Birthmark And It's Not What You Think